In response to the current COVID-19 pandemic, Orthodontics Only has taken extraordinary measures to ensure we provide all of our patients and team members with the healthiest environment around. Your well being is our top priority and in order to provide the absolutely most safe environment, we have implemented new measures that will benefit us all. Please continue reading to learn how your Orthodontic office is keeping you safe!
Keeping Your Family Healthy
- Our office will be open seven days a week from May 18th – July 31. This will allow us to reduce the number of patients by 50% compared to an average day.
- We implemented a wonderful telemedicine protocol to allow for virtual consultations for numerous types of appointments, including new patient consultations.
- To maximize social distancing while in our office, we request only patients enter at this time. Children may have a maximum of one adult to accompany them.
- A facemask will be required for all visitors. If a visitor doesn’t have a facemask, we will gladly provide one.
- All visitors will be asked to clean their hands upon entering using a touchless hand sanitizer dispenser OR wash their hands using our touchless soap dispenser, touchless faucet and touchless paper towel dispenser.
- All visitors will have their temperature taken and will be asked to answer a brief questionnaire about their possible exposure to the coronavirus.
- Any visitor with a symptom of COVID-19 or who has been in direct contact with someone who recently tested positive for COVID-19, will have their in-office appointment cancelled and will be reappointed with a virtual appointment.
- All visitors must follow social distancing guidelines by staying 6 feet away from others.
- All surfaces that visitors come in contact with in our office will be continually disinfected using a product on the EPA’s List N against SARS-CoV-2.
The Treehouse is the Healthiest Building Around
- Our office building, we call the “Treehouse”, is LEED Platinum Certified. This means an independent agency rated our building as among the healthiest buildings in the world. Our office offers a healthier work environment via biophilic design, superior indoor air quality, non-toxic building materials, reduced pollution and increased energy efficiency.
- Construction of our office prohibited the use of VOC’s (volatile organic compounds) and formaldehyde (NAUF). These two compounds are very common in traditional building materials and have been shown to cause harm and negative immune responses in humans.
- Our building is among the few buildings in Florida to produce all of the electricity that it uses. All of our electricity is generated via 188 solar panels on our roof.
- Our landscaping boasts almost all native species as a way to enhance our local ecosystem and protect our local environment. Irrigation for our landscaping comes from previously fallen rainwater captured on our roof and stored in our large underground water cistern.
- Our office uses over 40% less water than the average office via ultra low-flow automatic faucets and toilets.
- Over 45% of our building is made from recycled materials. Recycled plastics were used to make our chairs, carpets and blinds.
- All doors in our office allow for touchless opening and closing.
- All faucets, soap dispensers, hand sanitizer dispensers and hand drying are touchless.
- All forms and documents in our office are now completely digital and touchless.
- All magazines and gaming controllers have been removed from our reception area.
The Purest Water
- We utilize the most sophisticated dental water purification system on the market, the Sterisil G5, to ensure the highest level of water purification and disinfection for our patients. Our water purification unit provide dental water that contains 50 times less microbes than are allowed by ADA, CDC, and EPA guidelines. The Sterisil G5 utilizes a Class A UV light that kills 99.99% of viruses.
The Cleanest Air
- Breath Deep. Each room in our office now has the #1 Rated Air Purifier, IQAir HealthPro Plus. The IQAir HealthPro Plus uses HyperHEPA filtration technology proven to be the safest, healthiest and most effective way to remove 99.5% of harmful ultrafine microbes down to 0.003 microns in size. This is 100 times smaller than what is achieved with normal HEPA filters and 10 times smaller than a virus.
- We have implemented controlled directional airflow in our office. This ensures the flow of air moves into the treatment areas and not the reverse.
- Our air handling system is extremely advanced and utilizes enhanced hospital grade filtration.
The Safest Orthodontic Environment
- To maximize distancing between patients, there will be one empty chair between patients.
- All treatment chairs have a physical barrier between them.
- All patients will have temperature before and after each visit.
- All patients will be asked to rinse with Colgate Peroxyl (1.5% hydrogen peroxide) in the chair. Rinsing with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide has been shown to reduce the possible viral load in the mouth by 93%-97%.
- Our sophisticated controlled directional airflow ensures the flow of air moves into the treatment areas and not the reverse.
- An intraoral high volume evacuator will be used during any aerosol generating procedures.
- An extraoral high volume dental air purifier, IQAir HealthPro Plus FlexVac, will be used during any aerosol generating procedures. This unit provides maximum infection control of airborne pathogens like bacteria and viruses as small as 0.003 microns. As a comparison, the coronavirus is 0.125 microns.
- The air returns inside treatment rooms, have individualized MERV16 filters. A filter value of MERV16, is considered to provide the best air filtration possible to capture harmful pathogens. MERV16 filters are also used in general surgery rooms.
- All surfaces in the operatory will be continually disinfected using a product on the EPA’s List N against SARS-CoV-2.
- All orthodontic instruments are sterilized using hospital grade sterilization procedures, as usual. Instruments will pass through our ultrasonic cleaner for 10 minutes, will be bagged and then will pass through a cycle in our hospital grade autoclaves (Midmark M11 or Statim 5000). All of our autoclaves are tested weekly by an independent agency to ensure their effectiveness in completely killing all viruses and bacteria.
The Safest Work Environment
- Before starting work, all team members will have their temperature taken and will be asked to answer a brief questionnaire about their possible exposure to the coronavirus. Any team member with an elevated temperature or any symptoms of COVID-19, will be asked to go home.
- Our clinicians will all use a N95 respirator mask or equivalent.
- Our clinicians will use a gown, face shield and shoe covers.
- Our scrubs and shoes used during patient care will be laundered and kept on site.